Saturday, August 15, 2009

Last Night In Lotore

After the group got back from their hike, I took a shower and it felt awesome! I then repacked my bags to have everything ready to go tomorrow to return to Anse-a-Galet. Before I knew it, it was time for dinner. Can you believe it, I ate beans and rice! Dinner was great but the company and conversations were even better! We all have so much fun together, laughing and telling stories. I really love our team! I don't think I could be here with a better group of people.

After dinner I tried to feed our scraps to the super skinny dogs that hang around. I think they enjoyed it!



Poor Chen's! They need some love too!

Soon it was time for our devotion, Billy was leading tonight. He spoke about Joseph and the struggles he went through. Billy then asked us to share any struggles we have had in life and how we have overcome them with the Lord's help. Our entire team shared many personal stories with one another. It was so awesome to see how God has worked in so many peoples lives. Everyone felt very comfortable and knew that our personal struggles would not be discussed with others outside of our circle. Our team has a special bond with one another that will not be broken. It is a hard thing to explain, but still very cool!

After a long session of prayer, we ended our last devotion in Lotore. I am actually sad about this. I thought that I would be so homesick and now I don't want to leave! I know this is where God is calling me to be, so I know I will be back.

Okay, as I told you once before, the ladies sleep in one room and the men sleep in another. That statement is only 3/4 true, that is because Billy does not sleep in the same room with the other guys. Billy has been out casted from the men's room due to his snoring. Apparently it is so bad that he has to sleep all the way across the courtyard in the church! Poor Billy. However, he has come to love his "own" private room. Okay, this story is going somewhere. I promise.

I am sure all of the guys snore, but apparently Brian is much worse than some of the others. Matt and Chris have barely got any sleep this entire trip. They wake up every morning absolutely exhausted from lack of sleep. They determined that Brian was the culprit, so they teamed up and kicked poor Brian out of the men's room to go sleep with Billy in the church! What can be worse than getting kicked out of your room you may ask? Getting kicked out of church also! Billy wouldn't let Brian come and sleep with him! Okay, don't worry. This was all in good fun and no one's feeling were hurt. Brian ended up finding his very own room to sleep in. He slept in the pediatric clinic room!

As the ladies were walking to our room to go to sleep for the night, I noticed something glowing in the dental clinic room. As I walked into the room with my headlamp on, this is what I found.

Two cute kids! They somehow found their way into the dental clinic. They got scared and couldn't find their way out! Poor babies! Our interpreter Bob came over and carried them outside to find their Mom (I hope). They were so cute!

This night Laura was so sweet and gave Cynthia her air mattress to sleep on. Cynthia has not gotten a good night sleep the entire time either. Every morning she would wake up on the hard concrete floor because her mattress lost air! So, tonight Laura moved the dental chair into our room and slept on it! Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do!

My nightly journal prayer: " I thank you Lord for this day of worship. I thank you for my Haitian friends and our awesome team that have become my family! I thank you for providing us with strength and endurance. I pray for all of the people we have seen and cared for in the clinics. I pray also that they have come closer to you Lord. I ask that you work in their hearts and bless them. Thank you Lord for working in my heart, giving me confidence, patience, and peace. Continue to work in me Lord. I pray that I am always working for you and praising your name every step of the way. Let the work you have done for me here, not disappear once I return home. I thank you Lord for all of your wonderful blessings! Amen."

Coming Up Next...Last day in Lotore!

2 comments:

  1. Poor Chens. I love the music!
    I remember how much you missed Haiti when you got back. It's like your second home. I love hearing about your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure missed you this time Carrie! I fed the chens too! Especially, Gracie in your honor! Can't wait till we can go back!
    Love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete