Monday, December 7, 2009

Here We Go...Again

Before I knew it, I was receiving emails about planning our next trip. The dates were set for February 11th-18th, 2009. I did not even think about it, I knew I was going to go. I had no idea exactly how I would pay for it or if I would be approved time off from my work. It didn't matter. I knew that if it was meant for me to go then I would be able to go.

The holidays were coming soon and the only thing I wanted for Christmas was to go to Haiti! My family was so wonderful in helping make my Christmas wish come true. I was able to come up with enough money to go on the trip and I was approved my time off from work! Not only was my family supportive financially, but I also had a special angel watching over me to assure I would be able to take my journey to Haiti ( you know who you are)!

This trip planning was very different from my first trip. I did not attend a single meeting! WHAT! I know. I still don't even believe it! Every time a meeting was planned, I had to work. I could never get my schedule in sync with everyone else's (the curse of working from 7pm-7am). I was kept in the loop by many emails and me harassing Dr. Billy and Dr. Dave ( our fearless leaders) endlessly.

This trip was very different than previous ones. Our team consisted of people from all over the country, not just from our small town of Pawleys Island, SC. We did have a few locals on our team, but we also had some gentlemen from Charleston, SC join us. Then we had two other ladies to add to the team. One from Virginia and the other from Florida. We were a very diverse group. I was very interested in seeing how we would mesh and how the trip would pan out having so many new people with us.

Are you ready to go?

Coming up next...Second Time's A Charm!

No comments:

Post a Comment