Saturday, October 31, 2009

It's Good To Be Home!

We loaded my bags in the car and started the drive home. It was so good to be with my family! I couldn't wait to tell them EVERYTHING! If you know my Mother, then you know that she really wants to know everything. Every single detail. So, as you can imagine, this was going to take a long time. It didn't matter. I wanted to share my entire experience with everyone! To let them know what I did, what I saw, who I met, and how my life had changed!

On the ride home I was talking a mile a minute to fill them in on my journey. We dropped my sister and her husband off at their house and then my mom and I continued on to our house.
It was such a nice feeling to pull into my drive way and really realize that I was home!

I left my big suitcase on the front porch for the night. I was not interested in letting any little stowaways in my house! As I opened the door I was greeted by my sweet dogs, Pebbles and Belle. Pebbles (my puppy-Yorkie and Chihuahua mix) was beside herself with excitement! And I have never seen Belle (our families Cocker Spaniel) wag her tail harder! It was so good to see my babies!

I then noticed a sign hanging in the foyer welcoming me home. There was also a special Halloween themed cookie cake! Yum! As I ventured back to my room and opened the door, my room exploded! There were balloons everywhere! My sister had my entire room filled with balloons! It was so fun and unexpected. I loved it! It made me feel so good to know that my family truly missed me!

I started to unpack some of my souvenirs to give to my mom. While doing this, I continued telling her all about my trip. We talked until 3am! I don't even think I made it past the second day! I told you that she likes details! Poor thing, she had to work the next day also.

After she went to bed, I took a little walk through our house. I looked at all of the rooms, the furniture, the pictures, etc. I realized, even more now than before, how unbelievably blessed we are. I also realized that all of the those things were not nearly as important as I used to think they were. The things that are important are the voices of laughter that fill the rooms, the people that sit and share stories on that furniture, and the smiles and memories made in those pictures. Possessions may come and go, but family and friends are a constant. I am so thankful for my wonderful family and friends and am forever thankful for their lives!

I then took a long, hot shower. Climbed into my comfy bed, turned on my fan, snuggled up to my dog, and said a special prayer of thanksgiving. Thank you God for all of your mighty blessings!

Coming Up Next...Back to the real world...really

No comments:

Post a Comment